- Egg dyes
- Hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- Whole cloves
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- Prepare egg dyes according to package directions. Place hard-cooked eggs in egg dyes. Let stand for 3-5 minutes or until tinted to desired shades. Remove to paper towels to dry.
- For bunny: With a sharp knife, cut a thin slice of egg white from one side of egg to level. From slices, cut two ears and a tail. Make two deep small slits in top of egg; insert the ears. Position tail. Insert cloves for eyes and nose.
- For chicken: With a sharp knife, cut a thin piece of egg white from one side of the egg to level. Insert cloves for eyes. Cut carrot lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/16 in. thick). Cut a small triangle for the beak and two larger triangles for wings. Make two small shallow slits in the sides of the egg; insert wings. Gently press beak into front of egg.
Reviews for Easter Bunnies 'n' Chicks
Sort By :
Nevermind - I see it. They look really cute. :)
Are you peeling the eggs before dying them? It sounds like it, but the directions are not clear.
How about using beet pickled eggs or banana pepper pickled eggs? You'd get the color and some extra flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >