Easter Brunch Lasagna Recipe
Ham, broccoli and hard-cooked eggs are terrific together in this unique brunch lasagna. I came up with the recipe for a family gathering. Muffins and fresh fruit are all I add to nicely round out the meal. -Sarah Larson, La Farge, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the onions, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Spread a fourth of the white sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, half of the ham and broccoli, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, half of the eggs and a fourth of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, white sauce and cheeses.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 371 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC