- 6 drops green food coloring
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- Optional candies: jelly beans, bunny Peeps candy and Sour Punch straws
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 30 muffin cups with paper liners. In a
- large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking
- soda, ginger and nutmeg; add to egg mixture alternately with
- buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots,
- walnuts, pineapple and coconut.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Beat in
- orange peel and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar
- until smooth. Frost cupcakes.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix water and food coloring; add
- coconut. Seal bag and shake until coconut is evenly tinted. Sprinkle
- over cupcakes. Decorate with candies, as desired. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without candies) equals 420 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.