- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 cups vanilla frosting
- Pink, yellow, blue and purple gel or paste food coloring
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Referring to this diagram, cut cake into a basket, handle and six eggs. Arrange basket and handle on a 19-in. x 14-in. covered board. Place 1/4 cup of frosting in each of three bowls; tint one pink, one yellow and one blue. Place 1 cup frosting in another bowl; tint purple. Leave the remaining frosting white.
- Frost the basket purple. Frost the sides of the handle white. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag insert star tip #32. Fill with white frosting. Pipe a robe border on the handle and on the top and bottom of basket
- For grass, place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add green food coloring. Seal bag and shake to tint. Sprinkle above the top of the basket.
- Frost and decorate eggs as desired with white and tinted frosting. Arrange in and around basket. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Easter Basket Cake
Sort By :
Here is the link to the diagram on how to cut the cake into the basket and egg shapes:
To see the basked design for the cake you need to click on (THIS DIAGRAM) in the recipe, which is the third dot down on the directions.
I will try to upload a picture from my magazine:
I was going to make this but there was no "diagram below" to follow:(
There is no "diagram" below.