- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- SESAME-SOY MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, green part only
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- SLAW TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine Slaw Topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg white, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread equal amounts of mayonnaise on bottom of each bun, top with burger. Evenly divide Slaw Toppings over burgers. Close sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as East Meets West Burgers in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for East Meets West Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
Love the burger