- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups beef broth or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Place the green pepper, onion and butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the rice, carrots, celery, pepper sauce, cardamom and nutmeg; set aside.
- Place broth in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until boiling. Add raisins; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cover and microwave on high for 11-14 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring twice. Sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as East Indian Vegetable Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p308
Reviews for East Indian Vegetable Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review