East Coast Tomato Soup Recipe
I put the elements of two recipes together to come up with this tasty seafood soup. I'm not always able to get fresh shellfish on short notice, so I keep a supply of canned fish and shellfish on hand.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground savory
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream and minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until bubbly. Gradually add the cream, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, savory and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add crab; heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream and parsley if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings (about 1 quart).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for East Coast Tomato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC