Early-Riser Oven Omelet Recipe
- 10 egg whites
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg whites, eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into a 10-in.ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the ham, broccoli, cheese, tomato and onion. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are set and top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
One slice equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Early-Riser Oven Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.