Your gang will look forward to their morning meal when you prepare the omelet Wendy Fawcett shares from Gillam, Manitoba. Packed with tomato, broccoli, ham and reduced-fat cheese, It's an easy brunch dish to serve your bunch on Easter Sunday.
- 10 egg whites
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites, eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into a 10-in.ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the ham, broccoli, cheese, tomato and onion. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs are set and top is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Early-Riser Oven Omelet in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Early-Riser Oven Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review