Early-Riser Muffins Recipe
Despite the name, you don't have to be an early-riser to enjoy these hearty muffins (we often make them for brunch). My husband and children come running when they smell these buttery, tender muffins baking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Combine egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham and cheese. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Early-Riser Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC