Early-Riser Muffins Recipe
Despite the name, you don't have to be an early-riser to enjoy these hearty muffins (we often make them for brunch). My husband and children come running when they smell these tender muffins baking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped low-sodium ham
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Combine the milk, egg substitute and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham and cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Early-Riser Muffins in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p265
Reviews for Early-Riser Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review