- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Combine egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham and cheese. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Early-Riser Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Early-Riser Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2011
"My family really enjoys these!"