Early-Bird Asparagus Supreme Recipe
This is the best spring vegetable side dish! The fresh asparagus is so delicious in the spring time and this recipe highlights it!—Joyce Speckman, Holt, California
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC