Early-Bird Asparagus Supreme
This is the best spring vegetable side dish! The fresh asparagus is so delicious in the spring time and this recipe highlights it!Joyce Speckman, Holt, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is
- tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.