Early-Bird Asparagus Supreme Recipe
This is the best spring vegetable side dish! The fresh asparagus is so delicious in the spring time and this recipe highlights it!—Joyce Speckman, Holt, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC