My mom taught me how to make these waffle iron cookies. Now I have my friends bring their waffle irons to the house, and we make big batches.—Rachel Setala, Surrey, BC
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray. Bake on medium heat 3-4 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Dutch Waffles in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p111
Reviews for Dutch Waffle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review