Dutch Treats Recipe
I was born and raised in Holland, where we used almond paste quite often in our baking. I created this recipe to capture the outstanding flavors of home.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste, cut into cubes
- Sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar until blended. Beat in the almond paste. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each cup; top each with three almond slices.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 10 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC