Dutch Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups torn spinach greens
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Do not drain. In a 1-cup measure, place egg, sugar, vinegar and enough water to measure 3/4 cup; pour over bacon and grease.
- 2. Cook and stir until dressing thickness. Season to taste. Pour hot dressing over greens and onion. Toss; garnish with egg slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Spinach Salad
"I was kind of worried about the egg in the mixture to put in the pan and it did streak a little. It was very good. I also used a 10 oz bag of spinach. I kind of worried it was too much. It came out very nice and everybody loved it. I will definitely make this again."