Dutch Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 to 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups torn spinach greens
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Do not drain. In a 1-cup measure, place egg, sugar, vinegar and enough water to measure 3/4 cup; pour over bacon and grease.
- 2. Cook and stir until dressing thickness. Season to taste. Pour hot dressing over greens and onion. Toss; garnish with egg slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 198 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Spinach Salad
"I was kind of worried about the egg in the mixture to put in the pan and it did streak a little. It was very good. I also used a 10 oz bag of spinach. I kind of worried it was too much. It came out very nice and everybody loved it. I will definitely make this again."