Dutch Spinach Salad Recipe
This dressing can also be served hot on wilted lettuce, or adapted for potato salad or coleslaw. My grandmother, mother and aunts made this Pennsylvania Dutch treat, and I'm happy to pass it on for others to enjoy!
- 3 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups torn spinach greens
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- In a small frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Do not drain. In a 1-cup measure, place egg, sugar, vinegar and enough water to measure 3/4 cup; pour over bacon and grease.
- Cook and stir until dressing thickness. Season to taste. Pour hot dressing over greens and onion. Toss; garnish with egg slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dutch Spinach Salad in Country June/July 1991, p47
Reviews for Dutch Spinach Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review