Dutch Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg. Pour into crust; sprinkle with nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown (if needed, cover edges loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 321 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Rhubarb Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.