Dutch Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg. Pour into crust; sprinkle with nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown (if needed, cover edges loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dutch Rhubarb Pie(2)
Sort By :
I like this recipe but I prefer to use all rhubarb instead of adding raspberries. I love the crumb topping. I make a whole wheat flour crust to make it more healthy.
This is a very nice pie, using the brown sugar gives it the best taste ever. Do not use white sugar gives a different taste.