- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 20-24 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add pork. Combine the salsa, kidney beans, salt and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 10-12 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until thermometer reads 145°. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings (3 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Dutch Oven Pork Roast
Sort By :
I made this in my stone roaster. Meat was very tender, but it did not have much flavor.
Um.m.m.m.m! Used crock pot instead of grill. Realized after should have used about 1/2 salsa amount-made a great "gravy" with mashed potatoes. Roast was indeed very tender and tasty.