After tasting a hearty dish at a Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant, Jill Clark created her own version. "I came up with this recipe that quickly became my husband's favorite," adds the Queensbury, New York reader. "Vary the vegetables to use what you have on hand."
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, cabbage,
- broccoli, sausage and carrot. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered,
- for 8-10 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in cheese, mayonnaise and butter. Yield: 2-3 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now