Dutch Kielbasa Recipe
After tasting a hearty dish at a Pennsylvania Dutch restaurant, Jill Clark created her own version. "I came up with this recipe that quickly became my husband's favorite," adds the Queensbury, New York reader. "Vary the vegetables to use what you have on hand."
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, cabbage, broccoli, sausage and carrot. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in cheese, mayonnaise and butter. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Dutch Kielbasa in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Dutch Kielbasa(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review