Dutch Honey Syrup
"I grew up on a farm where a big breakfast was an everyday occurrence," relates Kathy Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska. "Still, it was a special treat when Mom served this scrumptious syrup with our pancakes."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and cream. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened,
- stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm over pancakes,
- waffles or French toast. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.