Dutch Beets Recipe
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain beets, reserving 1 cup liquid (discard remaining liquid); set beets aside. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the reserved beet liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and beets; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dutch Beets(2)
Sort By :
These were OK, nothing really spectacular about the flavour and I thought the sauce should be a bit thicker.
Very good. I live in PA and Harvard Beets (aka Dutch beets) are very similar to this. I like this recipe a little better since it does not have too much vinegar. Will be making again. Great for Easter holiday.