Dutch Baby Pancake with Strawberry-Almond Compote Recipe
Pannekoeken, or Dutch baked pancakes, are a treat in my husband’s family. You can also try this recipe with vanilla extract, blueberries and lemon peel. — Jennifer Beckman, Falls Church, Virginia
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, orange peel and extract until blended. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Remove pancake from oven; serve immediately with topping. Yield: 6 servings (3 cups topping).
1 slice with 1/2 cup topping equals 252 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Baby Pancake with Strawberry-Almond Compote
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC