- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until butter is melted; carefully swirl to coat evenly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, orange peel and extract until blended. Whisk in flour, sugar and salt. Pour into hot pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and sides are golden brown and crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Remove pancake from oven; serve immediately with topping. Yield: 6 servings (3 cups topping).
Reviews for Dutch Baby Pancake with Strawberry-Almond Compote
"The Dutch Baby Pancake is always a delightful alternative to the traditional griddle cakes. You could substitute other seasonal fruits for the strawberries in this recipe."
"Dutch Babies are a favorite around our house. They are so fun for the kids because the puff up. This compote is just wonderful. It is like a tangy and it doesn't over power the delicate flavor of the pancake."