Dutch Apricot Pie Recipe
I freeze several bagfuls of apricots when they are in season, thinking of this pie all the while. At holiday time, there's nothing like a luscious taste of summer. The crunchy pecans in the topping make this dessert extra special.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 16)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apricots and lemon juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and pecans. Stir in butter. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 431 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC