I freeze several bagfuls of apricots when they are in season, thinking of this pie all the while. At holiday time, there's nothing like a luscious taste of summer. The crunchy pecans in the topping make this dessert extra special.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 16)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apricots and lemon juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and pecans. Stir in butter. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Dutch Apricot Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p29
Reviews for Dutch Apricot Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review