Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until filling is set and topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 481 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie
"Great recipe - different than traditional apple pie, but very tasty."
"i did a few changes, besides my own crumb topping."
"DID MY OWN CRUMB TOPPING"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.