Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie
This delicious pie is a favorite of family and friends who come to call. It also goes well with my apple-themed kitchen.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, sugar, flour and
- vanilla. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375°
- for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie. Return to the oven for
- 10-15 minutes or until filling is set and topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 481 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium,