This delicious pie is a favorite of family and friends who come to call. It also goes well with my apple-themed kitchen.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until filling is set and topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie in Country Woman May/June 2006, p6
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Sour Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review