Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Pie
Sort By :
This is the only apple pie recipe you will ever need again! Perfect! Great taste, wonderful texture. It is a sweet pie and next time may choose to cut back on sugar but it was an absolute hit with all who have tried it. Wonderful with unsweetened whipped cream. I did bake an extra 10 minutes longer than called for but only because I wasn't sure it was 'bubbling' enough. Perfect.
best apple pie i have ever had except for grandmas
way to sweet for us...