Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
This delicious pie was brought to my mother's home the day after my father died on Christmas Eve 25 years ago. Every time I bake it I am reminded of the tremendous outpouring of love and support that we received. It's a pie that my sweet daddy would have loved.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth. Add apples; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
- 2. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie; bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 363 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC