Dutch Apple Pie Tartlets
These adorable mini apple-pie pastries make a delightful addition to a dessert buffet or snack tray. The recipe calls for convenient frozen phyllo shells, so they’re surprisingly easy to prepare. The lemon curd filling adds a unique flavor twist.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min Bake: 20 min
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon curd. Spoon into tart
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Spoon over apple mixture. Place
- on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm
- or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium,