Dutch Apple Pie Tartlets Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon curd. Spoon into tart shells.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Spoon over apple mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tartlet (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.