These adorable mini apple pie pastries make a delightful addition to a dessert buffet or snack tray. The recipe calls for convenient frozen phyllo shells, so they're surprisingly easy to prepare. The lemon curd filling adds a unique flavor twist. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine apples and lemon curd. Spoon into tart shells.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Spoon over apple mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dutch Apple Pie Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p90
Reviews for Dutch Apple Pie Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review