Dutch Apple Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Dutch Apple Loaf(7)
Sort By :
Best apple loaf I have ever made. Only gets better as it sits....if it lasts that long!
I'm new to baking but found this easy and delicious. Used 2 Granny Smith apples. Added a splash of lemon juice to 2% milk to get buttermilk. My wife gave it five stars!
This is a great recipe! I did exactly as the recipe says but I put it into 2 smaller bread pans and only cooked for 40 mins. could have probably done with 5 more mins but I think overcooking would ruin it! I served it for friend and they all said how nice it was!
I made this loaf last night and took into work this morning to have for Morning Tea, the girls just loved it and thought the topping really made the Loaf taste yummy. Will make again for sure.