Dutch Apple Cake Recipe
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 Eggland's Best® Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; let stand for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Push apple slices vertically into batter, placing them close together.
- Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Cake
Sort By :
This is a very dense cake. Delicious and easy to make. One tip layer bottom of loaf pan with some apples first then pour in batter and add rest of apples and pour juice from apples over batter. After slicing apples I put in a plastic bag with sugar and cinnamon. Serve with ice cream and cool whip ??
I made this cake for the first time the other day. My husband, my neighbor and I all loved it! The batter is very good and the taste of the fresh picked apples I used really came through. Some might call that bland, but I thought it was very good!
Very nice firm apple cake. Easy to me and my family loved it. I will make it often.
I have made this twice and could never get all of the apples in.
I have made this recipe 3 times now! The last time was the best,. I start out with a thin layer of batter on the bottom of the pan, then a thin layer of 1/3 of the apple mixture, I continue this for 2 more times ending with a layer of batter. Enough to cover the apples. I use the liquid from the apples and I brush it all over the batter on top. Turns out yummy and looks wonderful too!