- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; let stand for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Push apple slices vertically into batter, placing them close together.
- Bake at 300° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Dutch Apple Cake
Sort By :
"Very yummy! Easy and fluffy."
"Thank you for sharing your recipe! This has become a new favorite! The only thing I've done different is folding the apples into the mixture and pour it into a Bundt pan. I also have made this with blueberries instead of apples following the same recipe and it came out fantastic!"
"very good ...i added 1 tsp baking powder... and extra cinnamon and some nutmeg to the apples. i also added a little lemon juice and a bit of sour cream... and i also only put 3 eggs instead of 4 . turned out moist . i made it in the loaf pan was good that way .. i used 4 apples ...will make it again :)"
"My wife made this for me today, it was delicious. I hope she makes it again soon."
"Delicious cake, tender and moist, not dry at all like some said. They must have measured wrong."