Dutch Almond Cookies Recipe
This recipe comes from ladies of Dutch descent at my sister's church. The pleasant almond flavor pairs well with a cup of coffee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 dozen whole almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Crumble 1/2 teaspoon almond paste over each; top with remaining circles. Pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Cut a small slit in top of each cookie. Brush with egg white. Press an almond in each slit. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Dutch Almond Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC