- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl; add the tomatoes, cheese, onions and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, seasoned salt and pepper; add to potatoes and gently stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Coarsely chop bacon; sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle casserole with chili powder.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Durango Potato Casserole
Sort By :
Sorry, but my family thought this casserole tasted like hot potato salad. Not a favorite and won't make again.
If there is any left...my family loves it even cold..I also add sour cream .Sooo goodgood
Made this for a family reunion and every loved it and asked for the recipe.
This recipe is pretty good. Could use more seasoning in the mayo mixture. I did put some in but will add more next time because it is worth making again.
Absolutely delicious! Well worth any pans or dishes you have to wash! Any dish worth making is easily overlooked by having to clean up afterwards. I just clean as I cook, doesn't bother me at all. Definitely adding this recipe to my collection!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >