- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring once to crumble meat. Drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, tomato paste, olives, chili powder and salt; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl; add milk and corn bread mix. Stir just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the corn bread comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dup-Tamale Pie
Sort By :
"My family has loved this recipe for many years. We skip the sausage and use 1.5# of ground beef which we brown on the stovetop, then we add the cornbread mixture and bake it in the oven. We like the texture more this way."
"I add one small can of drained chopped green chilies. This recipe is a yummy standby for my family's dinner."