- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring once to crumble meat. Drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, tomato paste, olives, chili powder and salt; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl; add milk and corn bread mix. Stir just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the corn bread comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dup-Tamale Pie
Sort By :
My family has loved this recipe for many years. We skip the sausage and use 1.5# of ground beef which we brown on the stovetop, then we add the cornbread mixture and bake it in the oven. We like the texture more this way.
I add one small can of drained chopped green chilies. This recipe is a yummy standby for my family's dinner.