For families who like traditional mashed potatoes as well as sweet potato casseroles, you can't go wrong with our recipe, which features both kinds of "spuds."—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 pounds russet potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cubed
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 to 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place russet and sweet potatoes in a soup kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with cream cheese, cream and seasonings until potatoes reach desired consistency. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Duo Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p112
Reviews for Duo Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review