Dumplings with Tomatoes and Zucchini
Here's a unique and tasty side dish that has dumplings made with absolutely no flour!
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and cubed
- PARMESAN DUMPLINGS:
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes,
- basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add
- zucchini; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. For
- dumplings, combine egg and cheese. Drop by tablespoons onto tomato
- mixture. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until dumplings are firm.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 153 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.