Here's a unique and tasty side dish that has dumplings made with absolutely no flour!
- 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and cubed
- PARMESAN DUMPLINGS:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add zucchini; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. For dumplings, combine egg and cheese. Drop by tablespoons onto tomato mixture. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until dumplings are firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dumplings with Tomatoes and Zucchini in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p7
Reviews for Dumplings with Tomatoes and Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2012
"So tasty and easy to make. I've made a dish similar to this one for years without the dumplings. The dumplings make this dish more hearty and they are a great addition to this summertime fare."