- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients. Shape into 16 balls. Melt
- butter in a skillet; brown meatballs over medium-low heat. Stir in
- mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 20 minutes, adding more water if
- Turn into a 3-qt. baking dish. If extra sauce is desired, combine
- cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning and minced onion in a small
- saucepan. Cook until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in
- sour cream; pour over meatball mixture.
- For dumplings, combine flour, baking powder, poppy seed, celery,
- salt, poultry seasoning and onion in a bowl. Stir in oil and milk.
- Combine butter and bread crumbs. Drop heaping tablespoonful of dough
- into buttered crumbs; roll to coat evenly. Cover meatball mixture
- with dumplings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until dumplings are
- golden. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 900 calories, 53 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 2,141 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.