Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods Recipe
Give your friends a little heaven in a cup with these divine hot chocolate pods and the perfect book to read while sipping the hot chocolate, Like Water for Chocolate penned by Laura Esquivel introduces Tita the extraordinary chef who puts herself and her emotions into every dish she creates.—
- 24 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and pearl dust, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each pod):
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring dulce de leche and cream just to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into 14 paper-lined muffin cups; sprinkle with gold sugar if desired. Refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm.
- 3. Brush with gold dust if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- 4. To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 1-1/2 cups milk just to a boil; add one pod. Whisk until dissolved. Yield: 2 servings per pod.
3/4 cup equals 289 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC