Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods Recipe
- 24 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and pearl dust, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each pod):
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring dulce de leche and cream just to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup chocolate mixture into 14 paper-lined muffin cups; sprinkle with gold sugar if desired. Refrigerate for 8 hours or until firm.
- 3. Brush with gold dust if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- 4. To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 1-1/2 cups milk just to a boil; add one pod. Whisk until dissolved. Yield: 2 servings per pod.
Editor's Notes: This recipe was tested with Nestle dulce de leche. Look for it in the international foods section. Pearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
3/4 cup: 289 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.