Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Recipe
I'm originally from Paraguay, and dulce de leche reminds me of where I came from. If you can't find it at your grocery store, try caramel ice cream topping instead. It tastes different, but this decadent dessert will still be amazing. —Sonia Lipham, Ranburne, Alabama
- 1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 3. Pour dulce de leche into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at 50% power until softened. Drop dulce de leche by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- 5. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour.
- 6. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in chili powder. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 7. In a small bowl, whisk dulce de leche and hot water until smooth; drizzle over cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 468 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC