- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut a pocket in each duck breast. Stuff
- with sage; sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper. Place skin side down in a large skillet. Cook over
- medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until most of the duck fat has
- melted. Turn; cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Reserve
- Transfer duck to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 15-22
- minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a
- thermometer should read 165°; well-done, 180°).
- In duck drippings, saute sweet potatoes and pearl onions 6-8 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Stir in broth, wine, cumin, and remaining
- salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minute or until potatoes are tender. Stir
- in pecans if desired. Serve with duck and cherry sauce. Garnish with
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 duck breast with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without pecans) equals 599 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,162 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.