Duck with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 domestic duckling (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Bing cherries, star fruit and kale, optional
- 1. Prick skin of duckling well and place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Tie drumsticks together. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°. (Drain fat from pan as it accumulates.) Cover and let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine preserves and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve with duck. Garnish platter with fruit and kale if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 664 calories, 41g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Duck with Cherry Sauce
"The duck came out OK, but the cherry sauce was great and would work on ham or chicken too."