Duck Breasts with Apricot Chutney Recipe
When serving this entree as part of a buffet, try using chafing dish to keep it warm. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 duck breasts with skin (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. For chutney, in a saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add the apricots, cherries, raisins, ginger, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes or until apricots are tender. Transfer to a bowl; stir in lemon juice. Let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Season both sides of duck with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute duck, skin side down, in oil until skin is browned; turn and cook for 1 minute. Set aside 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 3. Place duck on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a thermometer should read 165°; well-done 180°).
- 4. For orange sauce, saute garlic in reserved drippings for 1 minute. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until reduced by half. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, broth and orange peel until blended. Stir into wine mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butter and basil; whisk until smooth. Remove skin from duck if desired before slicing. Serve with orange sauce and chutney. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 525 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Duck Breasts with Apricot Chutney
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC