Although they might sound fussy to fix, these spuds are really a cinch from start to finish, according to the CT kitchen staff. All you need to do is mash the potatoes, pipe the mixture into fun designs using cake-decorating tools, then bake.
4 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl; add 2 tablespoons butter and milk. Beat on low
- just until smooth; cool slightly. Add egg and chives; beat on low
- until fluffy.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #8b
- open star pastry tip. Fill the bag with potato mixture. Pipe
- potatoes into four rosettes on a greased baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Drizzle over potatoes. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4